Note: For all jars, you’ll need a 1-quart mason jar.
S’more in a Jar
Layer the following in the mason jar:
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (one sleeve of crackers, crushed)
- 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows.
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips or mini Hershey Kisses or M&M’s
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
Attach a gift tag with the following cooking instructions:
Empty jar into
large bowl. Remove marshmallows and combine remaining ingredients, mixing well.
Snip marshmallows into small pieces with scissors. Return to bowl; stir into dry mix.
Melt 1/2 cup butter, and add melted butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and 1/3rd cup buttermilk to bowl. Mix well. Press lightly into greased 9-by-9-inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
Holiday Cheer Soup in a Jar (from Riceland.com)
- 1/3 cup chicken bouillon, granulated
- ¼ onion flakes, dehydrated
- ½ cup split peas
- ½ cup small pasta
- ¼ cup barley
- ¼ lentils
- 1/3 cup Riceland Extra Long Grain Rise
- 1/3 cup tricolor spiral pasta
Use a funnel and layer all of the ingredients into a 1-quart canning jar. Finish with the tricolor pasta, adding enough to completely fill the jar. Then attach a gift tag with the following cooking instructions:
Cut 1 pound of chicken into bite-sized pieces. In a large soup pot to Dutch oven, brown the chicken in a small amount of olive oil. Remove the tricolor pasta from the jar and set aside. Add the remaining ingredients to the soup pot along with 12 cups of water. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 45 minutes. Add the tricolor pasta and cook an additional 15 minutes before serving. Serve with a small salad and a slice of fresh bread to make it a meal. (Makes 8 servings of soup.)
Bloody Mary Pickles in a Jar (from delish.com)
- 3 small cucumbers, such as Persians, ends trimmed and quartered lengthwise
- 3 lemon rounds
- 1/3 c. tomato juice
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. prepared horseradish
- 1/2 tsp. black peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 garlic clove, cut into thirds
- Dash of hot sauce
- 1/4 c. vodka
- Pack cucumbers, lemon rounds, and garlic into a 16-oz. mason jar.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine tomato juice, lemon juice, horseradish, peppercorns, salt, and hot sauce. Bring to boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in vodka.
- Pour over cucumbers. Let cool completely, then seal with lid and refrigerate until cold.