If you’re camping or RVing during the holidays, there’s no need to drag along seasonal decorations so your campsite is dressed for the fall season. Instead, look to nature and your surroundings to find the perfect items to decorate your site for these colorful holidays.
- Take a hike and look for bare branches and twigs that have fallen to the ground and decorate them with strings of mini solar lights. To make them festive during the day, intertwine strips of gingham or muslin and attach colorful fall leaves.
- The branches from a birch tree make a great decoration thanks to their white bark. Gather several and stand them up in a container and place larger pinecones at the base. Complete the look with decorative ribbon or fall-colored tulle.
- A short and thick birch log can be hollowed out, using a drill press, to hold mini LED pillar or votive candles.
- Look for unique fall leaves and gather them up; then spread a thin layer of modge podge on them, let dry and string them together to make a garland.
- Pinecones and acorns make for great decorations. Fill a glass container with them and intertwine LED light strings between them.
- Keep your eyes open on your fall walks and look for feathers and fall grasses that have fallen and place them in a flower vase.
- Another fun way to decorate with leaves is to gather them up and create framed artwork using inexpensive dollar store glass frames to display them.