Looking for a bit of that extra pep in your step to take on some of the trails this month? Make these very easy, portable energy balls. These balls are no bake, raw, vegan and gluten-free! Just be careful not to indulge too much – these little guys are packed with calories and sugar to help give you sustained energy without weighing you down.
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut
- 10 medjool dates, soaked for 15 mins
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ Tbsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp almond butter
- Optional (to coat): chia seeds, hemp seeds, ground flax seeds
- First, grind shredded coconut in food processor until it is like a fine meal
- Add in dates, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, sea salt, and almond butter to food processor until a sticky dough is formed.
- Scoop the batter by heaping tablespoons, roll each into a ball in your hands and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Optional: roll balls in flax seed powder, chia seeds, or hemp seeds and place on baking sheet.
- Store balls in the fridge or freezer for up to one week.
*recipe has been adapted from Laura Miller: Raw Vegan, Not Gross