It’s farmer’s market season and towns across the country are showcasing what their local farmers, craft makers, and bakers have to offer. What’s better than adding fresh veggies to the grill? Or a bouquet of fresh flowers that your local farmers grew themselves? There are hundreds of farmers markets open this summer across the country and plenty are open near Thousand Trails parks. We’ve rounded up a whole bunch in 8 different states. This month, be on the lookout for seasonal produce like beets, blueberries, avocados, green beans, cherries, and fresh herbs.
- Villa Park Center Farmer’s Market, Pasadena, CA; 1 hour from Soledad Canyon RV Resort
Villa Park Center Farmers market in Pasadena has been open every week since 1984 and were recognized in 1997 with the Arthur Nobel Award for “Making Life Better in Pasadena.”
- Wallkill View Farmer’s Market, New Paltz, NY; 25 minutes from Rondout Valley RV Campground
Wallkill View Farmers market is a family-owned and operated market that is open every day. They also host gardening classes and occasionally host events.
- Belvidere Farmer’s Market, Belvidere, IL; 11 minutes from Pine Country RV Resort
The Original Belvidere Farmer’s Market and Crafts has been in operation since 1987 and currently takes place every Saturday from May to October, 9 AM – 12:30 PM, at the Dodge Lanes Bowling Alley parking lots.
- Buchanan Farmers Market, Buchanan, MI; 10 minutes from Bear Cave RV Resort.
Find seasonal produce from local farmers and handcrafted items from unique artisans. Open every Saturday from May through October, 8AM-1PM.
- Geneva Farmer’s Market, Geneva, OH; 22 minutes from Kenisee Lake RV Resort
The Geneva Farmer’s Market will open for the season on June 10 at 10 AM at 187 Depot St in Geneva, Ohio. On the first Saturday of each month that the market is open, the market expands to include even more vendors with locally crafted goods!
- Canal District Farmer’s Market, Worcester, MA; 24 minutes from Sturbridge RV Resort
Located at 138 Green Street, the Canal District Farmer’s Market is open every Saturday and is Worcester’s only year-round farmer’s market. Local butcheries, craft vendors, winemakers, and coffee purveyors join the many produce vendors at this farmer’s market.
- Downtown Appleton Farm Market, Appleton, WI; 30 minutes from Fremont Jellystone Park
The Downtown Appleton Farm Market has been the Saturday home to vendors of produce, crafts, flowers, exotic meats & cheese, and baked goods for 25 years! The market currently has 150 vendors. It is open on Saturdays from 8AM-12:30 PM, June 17 through October 28, 2017.
- Central Market, Lancaster, PA; 36 minutes from PA Dutch Country RV Resort
The Central Market in the heart of Lancaster County is, “reputedly the oldest continuously operating farmers’ market in the U.S.” Don’t miss out on their “First Fridays” event, when the market is open late into the evening and features live music, family friendly entertainment, and other special events. The market is open Tuesdays and Fridays from 6AM-4PM, Saturdays from 6AM-2PM, and the first Friday of the month from 6pm-9pm in the alleyway.
Where is your local farmer’s market? Who is your favorite vendor? Tell us in the comments!